Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sunday Sunday

Not much to report, because, obviously, I'm not on today. And yesterday I was a bit busy with meat world stuff.

I did get a chance to stop in, see a friend, meet a new friend (as best as I was able) and get an update on my sentence. Eight hours added. it may seem odd, but it's a bit of a relief. It's nice in a way to see the Custodian functioning as expected again.

It was sort of challenging seeing around Kelley, knowing friends are socializing in other parts of the area. I ended having to go visit after all, violations be darned. Though I did learn a few things during the process.

I think I need a departure gesture. Or a series of gestures which say I am departing. This way I can let people know when I have to leave and it not seem rude to just walk off. I was trying /bow, /blowkiss, and /hey as my sign off, but I am not sure how clear that is. Well, I suppose anyone reading this will now know.

One of my friend was talking about how being a Bane is like being a ghost without the benefits. It made me wonder if there might be a way to simulate being a ghost in SL.

For one, use a variation of one of the doll heart/chip which requires recharge. Those would be placed in a fetter type item for resting.

Have restrictions on speaking and touch, and limit length of emotes.

The sonic screwdriver I found has a way to pass through walls, floors, and cealings, so that is doable.

As for the rest, I am sure it would be a matter of using alpha layers and translusenct overlays.

Too bad I don't know anything about scripting or avi creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment