Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Closest Friend in Second Life

Recently I was asked question which brought up a little bit of sadness for me. I was asked who my closest friend in Second Life is. The reason this a sort of sad question for me is because my closest friend from Second Life has not been around for a long time.

My closest friend in Second Life was janna Nijan (formerly janna Locke and jannawilson). I meet her while I was one the Racks at Latexia, and we soon became very close. We were not lovers, though we did scene a few times. She was always very kind and caring, and was always concerned about how alone and isolated I was here. She left a little bit before I did due to some personal reasons unrelated to Second Life. At the time she was a Potential to the Sisterhood of the Latex Dolls and my mentee, and she was involved in some of the role play withe the Clan of the Latex Web at Darkadia (much to my great envy - I have always held deep desires to belong to a community and have a sense of being part of something). She was gone from Second Life for about a year, but eventually came back to complete her training to become a Latex Doll. Sadly, by then, I was not logging in at all, and she ended up completing it under another Mentor, a former dominant of mine, Tonya Souther. janna then dropped off again and I suspect has not been back since.

janna and I did try and keep in touch for a little bit away from Second Life, but our emails grew more and more infrequent until the stopped entirely.

Without interacting with someone through a chat medium on a regular basis, I have always had a difficult time maintaining online friendships.

Beyond janna, there are very few people I am at all close with in Second Life. Windrunner Constantine considers me part of her family, and she is my go to person when I get myself stuck as she keeps a copy of my keys just in case. However, she has not been online much and I have not interacted with her at all really since my Banishment.

Kiriko Kiama, is some one I talk with on occasion... out of Second Life. Interestingly enough, I think we have talked more away from Second Life than we ever did in Second Life.

And there are a few people I have passing conversations with, but as is the way with Libras, I can still be a little reserved about getting too close.

At this point my closest friends are Morning Star (roary.mcgillivary) and Roli Runo. They have both come to check on me during my Banishment. They have both been through Banishment themselves (through different programs) and have been very supportive and encouraging through this process.

So I am not even sure how to answer that question. In a way, one of the people I feel closest to right now in Second Life is someone I only meet just a little over a week ago, and I have yet to be able to hold a full conversation with.

How messed up is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment