Saturday, March 15, 2014

On becoming Bane

On March 8, 2014, I officially became a Bane in the Kelley Technologies Banishment Program. My  - a fellow Sister and who, interestingly enough, is only three days younger than me on Second Life.

I came to this point after a long road. I cannot remember when I first read Eudeamon by Evil Dolly. I think it was soon after I came to Second Life and while I was waiting my sixty days to join the Sisterhood of the Latex Dolls. And as Morning Star recently wrote "[the] Story will slowly grow in her mind just like the custodian."

And it took hardly any time for it to do so for me.

When I found out there were people who had made Banishment Programs in Second Life, I became a little obsessed. I knew I wanted to do it as well at some point. Except there were a few problems. Most of the programs seemed to be on hiatus and I still really wanted to join the Sisterhood.

So my interest sort of sat there for a while, really unable to do much about it.

After I became a Sister, I still wanted to try being a Bane, but I got myself a bit wrapped up into other aspects. I took on a few Potentials to mentor, and even through I was feeling rather restless in the Dolls, the responsibility I felt toward my mentees kept me from pursing the process even after hearing from people some of the programs were starting up again. The when one of my closest friends on Second Life who was also my mentee dropped out away from Second Life, I sort of did for a bit as well.

Eventually, she did come back and complete the process for becoming a Sister, but not under me. By that time I was pretty much estranged from Second Life and was not really interested in come back on any more than to support my former mentee as best I could. After her ceremony, I dropped out for a year.

I am not sure what brought me back to Second Life. Curiosity I guess. A little bit of boredom. Maybe I just needed a break from graduate studies. But I came back. I was self locking again, as usual. And had even gotten into some conversations about a new active location in Tai Young Labs.

I was visiting Kelley Park, as I would sometimes do, and wandering past Kelley Technologies pondering if I should or should not try for this Bane thing when I saw one of the operators standing outside. I sent a message and we chatted some, and I decided this was the best time to try for this.

And I am glad I waited till now. Because the way I have come into this experience is very different than what I would have earlier. For me now it is mostly about the challenge and the experience - of what is this like. And can I learn how to take control of what little I can. Whereas before... well... people talk about the systems going Eudeamon and all... and I might have obsessed more then.

Not to say there have not been some strange things happening with my Custodian. But it's not really an issue. I am going to just keep doing what I am doing - which is wandering around seeing sites and such.

Of course being away for so long means there are a lot of sites to re-visit which I have not seen in a while. And some of the sites I had squirreled away for this time are now gone. Too bad too, because many of them were lovely. Though my favorite so far to wander in was forest feast. I highly recommend visiting, Bane or not.

Some thank yous
Thank you ruthjillian, my operator and fellow Sister in the Sisterhood of the Latex Dolls, for hanging about in front of Kelley Technologies that day I messaged you. I think
Thank you Morning Star for your support and encouragement through all of this. It was lovely seeing you as a Bane so long ago, and I am happy to have been able to return the favor.
Thank you R-6813/Roli Runo for happening to be around my first day and for a lot of other things.
Thank you K-1444 (kendralouise.damiano) for being about as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment