Monday, January 10, 2011

Brief Intro

So, this is my blog about reflections inspired by my experiences in Second Life.  It is not simply an in character (IC) or out of character (OOC) blog, but a melding of both.  I use games, especially role playing games, to explore aspects of my psyche a lot.  Second Life, with it’s very unconstrained and fluid nature, is an excellent area to do just such a thing.
It may seem silly two write a blog about Second Life reflections, particularly when it comes to how serious I take some things.  For instance, my interest in the Sisterhood runs very deep.  Something about it resonates with a core aspect of myself.  I have thought long and hard about their teachings and how they apply even to my offline life.
But the way I see it is games are a way for us to explore ourselves.  Role play has even been used by some therapists as a way to help clients understand their own desires and motivations.  It is no different for me here.  And besides, it is fun.
So I know I have already written a lot in my first few days, and I have even more still.  I suspect my writing will die down over time, but for now, where I am, trying to cram in as much about my thoughts as possible, sort of all at once.  Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment