Tuesday, January 18, 2011

So in my offline life, I am back in classes as of today.  This means I will likely be slowing down my posting here soon.
This semester is it is all about gender.  And death.  And a little bit of sex.  What a wonderful combination.  Gender and Society, Gender and Communication, Gender in Popular Culture, Death and the After Life and Queer Sexualities.  I wonder how many of my gender oriented classes will piss me off at some point this semester?  Being to token out, queer, sometimes femme sometimes butch, and generally always activist trans girl is sometimes a little... grrr...  Especially when I run into people who are so wrapped up in their genetic and genital essentialism.
I will be graduating at the end of this semester – it’s about time.  I’ll likely take a year off from school while I consider my grad school options.
The Creating Change Conference is coming up in about two weeks – in the lovely Minneapolis, Minnesota, brrrr.  During that time I will be totally off line, so do not expect any updates here from about February 2nd until at least the 7th or 8th.  Nor will I be on Second Life, of course.  I will, however, be visiting Bondage-A-Go-Go at Ground Zero. Neener-neeener-neener!
Been listening to The Dresden Dolls a bit lately.  And that has been making me think about pulling out some of my Riot Grrrl and various other girl punk music again.  I love all sort of girl band music, though when it comes to Riot Grrr, my favorite remains Sleater-Kinney.
Though it gets weird for me sometimes.  But I am not sure I want to talk about it right now.  I know this is post was really not unrelated to Second Life stuff.  Just a little glimpse into my life outside Second Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment